Sunday, November 4, 2012

A series of unfortunate events


Title : A series of unfortunate events
Author : Lemony Snicket (2003)
Publisher : Harper Collins
Genre : Fiction (Children's book)
Illustration: Brett Helquist

One word for the book : Juicy adventure

It's quit unfair actually (for the book), because I've watch the movie first before reading the book. In my humble opinion, if I watch a movie, the fun off reading the movie's book would be zero and it'll be bias if I have to comment the book. But nevertheless for this book, both are equal fun and exciting! After watching the movie, I saw or the perfect word would be; acknowledge (bet the book had been there years) the book at the library and was shock to found it had lots and lots of series. Lovely! I did some jigsaw puzzle (mind you, I did this in the library; running here and there like a little mouse) and found almost all ten books of them! Then and only then I read the summary at the back of the book; it amuse me. Funny and threatening at the same time! The writer himself warns his reader to put the book away. Why? Well of course because the storybook isn't of fairy tale with beautiful princess and tall pink glass castle.

Summary: Do not read this if you hate spoilers.

Three children with the name of Violet, Klaus and Sunny Bouldelair who lose their parents in a fire had to live by themselves and despite being rich they had a nasty uncle who wanted to steal their wealth. Not forgetting their bad lucks and whatnot but thanks to their brilliant brain, they managed to wiggle their way out alive from each and every unfortunate events. Its funny, hilarious, Gothic and also classic. The way the story reveal itself is also amazing. Well I've only read the 10th book; The Slippery Slope, so I don't think I have the right to judge the book but I look forward to read them all. What kind of name is Lemony Snicket anyway? Extremely interesting isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment